Therefore, it was only a matter of time the inspiration would strike to create a Geocaching themed kit. This kit was created for the Funky Playground Design Staycation Blog Train event last week. Over 900 people picked up this kit for free. If you missed it, it's now available in my store for only $4.00. Check out the kit, Geocache-tastic, and some of the creative layouts by my creative team, as well as the FPD Site CT.
Ciao! Wendy here to bring you some news for the weekend.
This is the first post for the fantastic freebie friday of this week!!!!!! it's correct for this friday 23rd you must check Misty's Blog, you will find TONS of news and FREEBIES you can't miss!!! so here I go with some amazing news.
As you already know the Kaleidoscopic kit have so much bright colors and adorable embies you can use it with so many pictures and our Corinne did some amazing QPs that are free with purchase through August 8th at the FPD store, so if you don't get it yet, what are you waiting for!!! Just remember to add both products to the cart in order for the QPs.
Find it HERE
Also I prepared a very simple and cute frame with the Kaleidoscopic kit, I'am sure you will get a perfect photo to use with it!
Enjoy !!!! and don't forget to come back later and see what amazing stuff you find here!
This is the page I create with the frame
At last but no less important is the great special offer for the Letter photo template combo, check it!
I was browsing through the gallery at Funky Playground Designs and I discovered this magical lo that was created by AmieN1. I just love how she glittered the word Magic, it looks so touchable. Head on over to her GALLERY and leave her some love. She used Misty's In The Purple Spotlight which you can purchase HERE.
AmieN1 be on the lookout for a pm from me with your coupon code, good for $3.00 off at Misty's store at FPD.
We would love to see LO's that have been created using Misty's kits. You never know, we may just choose one for LOTW.
- What were your favorite 5 TV programs as a kid? Saved by the Bell definitely, I watched all the way through the college years and recorded the Zack and Kelly wedding on VCR!, Blossom, Full House, Dawson's Creek, My So Called Life
- What are your 5 favorite TV programs as an adult? Dexter, US of Tara, True Blood, Weeds, Big Love.
- What are your hobbies? Geocaching, Reading, Digital Scrapbooking, Photography, and basically anything I can do that's creative.
- Name the last 5 books you've read: Ok, so my FB fans got me started on the Stephanie Plum series books by Janet Evanovich, and I have been reading them out of order! Here's my last 5 books: Hot Six, Fearless Fourteen, Lean Mean Thirteen, Twelve Sharp, Finger Lickin' Fifteen.
- Which actress would play you if your life were portrayed as a movie? Christina Ricci. When I was a kid, about the same time she was in Casper, everyone noticed the uncanny similarities between us. If I could lose 50lbs those resemblances would be more apparent. She's an awesome actress and I loved her in the movie, The Opposite of Sex.
- What did you do before the Internet? Wow, I think I was around 14 the first time I got on the internet, way back when AOL was on its earliest versions. Before that, I know my friends and I were outside more. I really can't remember a world before the Internet!
- What are your 5 favorite smells? Fresh cut grass (there used to be a Yankee candle with that scent and I absolutely cannot find it!), food stands at the fair, baby powder, chlorine, the ocean (not the seaweed smell but the salt water in the air smell).
- What are your 5 favorite movies? Serendipity, Father of the Bride, The Hangover, Blades of Glory, Sixteen Candles. My favorites change frequently, but Seredipity is always Number 1.
- Chocolate makes me.... It makes me a very happy woman. Since the birth of my second child, chocolate has been a big part of my life. I am beginning to understand why women have all those little sayings about chocolate stitched on pillows.
- What's your biggest accomplishment to date? Becoming a mother. Enuf said. :)
It is time for us to get to know another of Misty's Facebook Fans a little better. Today I want to introduce you to Macy!!
Hey there everyone, I'm so excited to be featured on Misty's blog!!! A little about me...my name is Macy Goode and I'm a native Montanan (Go Cats!!!), I love living here..it's the most gorgeous place in the world. I've been married to my super awesome, very patient husband for nine years now and during that time we've produced two very energetic boys. We love to hang out with our families and play on the lake that we live on. I'm a certified dental assistant...yep..I'm a spit sucker by day...LOL, I work so I can support my scrapbook addiction!
How long have you been digi scrapping?
I've been digi scrapping for two years now, I had been a traditional scrapbooker for years and decided to be a consultant for Creative Memories where I was first introduced to the digi world. I havn't got off the computer since!!
What's the one scrapbooking item you can't live without?
The one scrapbooking item I couldn't live without??....my computer, hands down. I never want to cut or glue a piece of paper by hand for as long as I live!
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
If I could live ANYWHERE, it would have to be Kauai. We visited Kauai last Fall and I just fell in love with it. A facsinating place, full of beauty..and it was warm which is a bonus.
What's your favorite movie?
I don't think I could chose ONE movie to be my favorite!! I looooove Fever Pitch, Sweet Home Alabama, The Notebook..but my current favorite has to be Eclipse. Um yah, I'm a Twilight Saga junkie!! I just heard that Taylor Lautner is in MY town and I'm seriously considering camping out at his hotel after I put the kids to sleep. ha ha
What's your favorite book?
I love to read, I love it when a book completely captures my attention and I can't put it down until it's finished. My current favorite is Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer.
What is your favorite kit of Misty's?
My favorite kit of Misty's has to be Tweet! Tweet!, it's been a perfect package to use with photo's of my new nephew. I love the colors, the textures and the little birdies are adorable!!
Macy also shared her favorite layout made with Misty's kit Tweet! Tweet! Look at that cute baby! This is SO cute!!
Happy Friday! Today I have the pleasure of giving you a freebie that I made from Misty's awesome new kit:
The vibrant colors in this kit are fantastic! Perfect to brighten up any layouts and add some fun to your scrapbooking pages. Here is my first layout and I feel like it made itself. What fun!
And here is the quickpage I made for you (image linked):
I found the most beautiful smile in Misty's gallery the other day. I just had to nominate this layout for LOTW. Congrats to AmieN1 for Misty's layout of the week! How could I resist that smile???
She used Misty's kit Saltwater:
My friends, I know this is off the scrapping path but I must tell you about the most delicious cupcake I have ever eaten.
After we moved from Seattle to Spokane, I began subscribing to Seattle Magazine. One issue, I discovered an article about a little cutesy boutique style shop called Trophy Cupcakes. I was intrigued! I love cupcakes. I love the ability to experiment with flavors and decor with such a small cake. I had to taste this cupcake and visit Trophy ASAP.
Well, ASAP didn't come for a couple years. Each time I was in Seattle, it slipped my mind to head to Wallingford for the sweet treats. However, since Trophy created their Facebook Fan Page, the adventure has been fresh in my mind. Trophy now has two additional stores, at University Village and at the Bravern in Bellevue. I have been tantalized with all the flavors they've been posting on FB - Pina Colada, Spiced Rum Buttercream, Snickerdoodle, Chocolate PB, Lemon Coconut, the list goes on.
On Saturday, we visited the University Village location. My husband, Dan chose a Triple Coconut cake and I snagged a Salted Caramel. Oh Em Gee... I was in heaven. The salted caramel was PERFECT. The caramel drizzle was ooey gooey and the salt was a nice compliment to the creamy buttercream frosting and moist chocolate cake. Go ahead and scroll up to check out the photo again. I'll wait....
We went back to my Mom's and Sister's and raved about Trophy. On Monday, my mother came with us to the store. She ended up walking out with a dozen. Her flavors ranged from Red Velvet to Chocolate Covered Pretzel. I went ahead and bought a Smores cupcake (sorry, no pic yet). The toasted marshmallow frosting was the real deal and my bite ended with a graham cracker style crust.
All in all I was NOT disappointed. Trophy definitely lived up to my expectations. Dan and I even brought back a couple mini cupcakes for his co-worker, and those tiny cakes stayed fresh and moist for the two days it took us to drive home and get them to her.
Hurray for Trophy. We will be back. :)
PS - the photo was taken by me, using my iPhone and the Hipstamatic application for iPhone. The Design Girl would be proud!