Geocache-tastic, QP Freebies, Guest Call and more!




Dan, with geocache GC18904 in Ellensburg, WA found March 28th, 2010


A few years ago, a friend of ours mentioned her husband had started geocaching. We asked, "What the heck is that?" and she told us it was a sort of Treasure Hunt with a GPS. Except you don't "win" anything, you just sign a log confirming your find. We thought, "How nerdy!" and let it go. Fast forward about 3 years and by some odd crossing of the Geocaching app for iPhone, Dan and I gave Geocaching a whirl. OH my. We discovered we ARE total nerds and proud of it. Our first find was in a park just a few houses north of our house. Since March 12th of this year, we have logged 216 finds and placed 7 of our own, one even in our own front yard. Check out our profile on Geocaching.com to see our journeys.

Therefore, it was only a matter of time the inspiration would strike to create a Geocaching themed kit. This kit was created for the Funky Playground Design Staycation Blog Train event last week. Over 900 people picked up this kit for free. If you missed it, it's now available in my store for only $4.00. Check out the kit, Geocache-tastic, and some of the creative layouts by my creative team, as well as the FPD Site CT.


layouts by Jen (chookie), Loni (lingovise), and Trina (trina513)



Earlier this month, the FPD designers released palette coordinating kits for the July Playgroup. I created the kit, Kaleidoscopic, and FPD Site CT member, Corinne, created a set of matching Quick Pages. These 5 QPs are available FREE with purchase of the Kaleidoscopic kit. You must put both the kit and the QPs in your cart for the discount to appear. This offer is good only though August 8th. 

layouts by hoohrah, Memi, and trina513



And I can NEVER resist creating glitter. I love glitter. I love to use it in almost every kit. Of course, Kaleidoscopic has some matching Commercial Use friendly glitters for your enjoyment. The set comes with 8 .jpg sheets and 1 .asl style file. If you've never used glitter before, you should definitely try it out! Contact me through FB if you need help installing or using!



Lastly in product announcements, I have a matching alpha for my kit, In the Purple Spotlight. (This was previously released on my blog as a freebie but you can now pick it up in my store, if you missed out on the blog download) and also fairly new, my Everyday Button Flair for the Studio 365 line. Perfect flair for any layout! 



If you hop over to my blog roll page, and scroll down to the list of my CT, I know quite a few of them are hosting some freebies today!

I will be having a guest CT call very very soon. Get your gallery in tip top shape *wink wink* and keep an eye out on my blog, facebook, and/or twitter (they are all linked!) for all of the exciting details to come. I am also going to announce a new layout contest as well as some new forum news!

Until then, take care!

Misty

Kristi  – (July 23, 2010 at 8:03 PM)  

I went geocaching for the first time last weekend. My husband and I ended up having the police called on us. I guess we'll have to be more careful next time. :) Thanks for the kit!

JennyJ  – (July 27, 2010 at 9:45 AM)  

Love this post! I came to your site via another scrap blog.....I was caught by the GEOCACHING kit! Shucks I missed the freebie...will have to venture to the store sometime soon. We too are cachers!!! and are addicted. We have slowed down some this past year, as the kids schedules are getting busier. I just wanted to say HEY from one cacher to the next....we are DJ&Jules in So. UT. :) Keep caching and thanks for the wonderful caching kit....it is what I need to keep my "Where in the world is DJ&Jules" album going.

Anonymous –   – (February 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM)  

Would you happen to know where I could get this kit from? Thanks

SJC  – (April 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM)  

Hi!! I just happened across this kit and I am an avid Digital Scrapbooker. This doesn't look available at Funky Playground anymore. Are you selling somewhere else now? Or is this retired? Thanks!!

Carla  – (June 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM)  

Hi! Is the geocache-tastic kit retired?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP