Trophy Cupcakes




My friends, I know this is off the scrapping path but I must tell you about the most delicious cupcake I have ever eaten.

After we moved from Seattle to Spokane, I began subscribing to Seattle Magazine. One issue, I discovered an article about a little cutesy boutique style shop called Trophy Cupcakes. I was intrigued! I love cupcakes. I love the ability to experiment with flavors and decor with such a small cake. I had to taste this cupcake and visit Trophy ASAP.

Well, ASAP didn't come for a couple years. Each time I was in Seattle, it slipped my mind to head to Wallingford for the sweet treats. However, since Trophy created their Facebook Fan Page, the adventure has been fresh in my mind. Trophy now has two additional stores, at University Village and at the Bravern in Bellevue. I have been tantalized with all the flavors they've been posting on FB - Pina Colada, Spiced Rum Buttercream, Snickerdoodle, Chocolate PB, Lemon Coconut, the list goes on.

On Saturday, we visited the University Village location. My husband, Dan chose a Triple Coconut cake and I snagged a Salted Caramel. Oh Em Gee... I was in heaven. The salted caramel was PERFECT. The caramel drizzle was ooey gooey and the salt was a nice compliment to the creamy buttercream frosting and moist chocolate cake. Go ahead and scroll up to check out the photo again. I'll wait....

.......waiting.......

We went back to my Mom's and Sister's and raved about Trophy. On Monday, my mother came with us to the store. She ended up walking out with a dozen. Her flavors ranged from Red Velvet to Chocolate Covered Pretzel. I went ahead and bought a Smores cupcake (sorry, no pic yet). The toasted marshmallow frosting was the real deal and  my bite ended with a graham cracker style crust.

All in all I was NOT disappointed. Trophy definitely lived up to my expectations. Dan and I even brought back a couple mini cupcakes for his co-worker, and those tiny cakes stayed fresh and moist for the two days it took us to drive home and get them to her.

Hurray for Trophy. We will be back. :)

PS - the photo was taken by me, using my iPhone and the Hipstamatic application for iPhone. The Design Girl  would be proud!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP