Choo Choo! It's the Staycation Blog Train and $1 Lost and Found Sale!


Our son, Ian, with a Geocache find


The Funky Playground Designers have created some freebies just for YOU! It's the Staycation Blog Train. Since alot of people are staying home this year instead of vacationing elsewhere, we've created some kits based on a staycation theme. Through the train you'll find some neat goodies featuring reading, movies, gardening, dinner parties, outdoor water fun and more!

My husband and I LOVE to Geocache so I decided to create my kit around a geocaching theme. The founders of the Geocaching website, Geocaching.com, have described it as the largest hobby in the world that no one knows about!*

Check out my and my husband's geocaching profile page here, and friend us if you're a fellow cacher!

If you followed the train, then you arrived here from Elise's Pieces, our guest designer at FPD this month. If you're lost and don't where the train started, you can check out the map on the FPD blog. 

Without further adieu, here's "Geocache-tastic"


Links Expired

This item is only available for free through July 22nd and will then be placed in my store at FPD for $4.00



ALSO, you don't want to miss our Lost & Found Sale! We do it monthly and this weekend we are featuring every single product in the Studio 365 category!!I even have a new product for you too! I created some Everyday Button Flair pieces to add to any layout. Grab them now, while they are only $1!


Check me out on FB, Twitter, and sign up for the newsletter!

Your next blog train stop is Girl Boy Girl Designs by Jen Balding

Have a great weekend!

*not a direct quote

GlitterQueen  – (July 16, 2010 at 2:53 AM)  

Boy, that's a cute kit, thanks! Geocaching seems like a really fun hobby, definitely want to check it out for when my daughter is older.

Abby –   – (July 16, 2010 at 6:54 AM)  

Thank you for the freebie!

scrappychick  – (July 16, 2010 at 9:19 AM)  

Thank you so much for your kit. Our family just recetly started geocaching. I hadn't got around to scrapping our first cache for lack of embellies. Now I can complete my page! Happy caching :)

Jessica  – (July 16, 2010 at 9:57 AM)  

This is a great kit. We have just recently discovered geocaching, and this kit will be great for scrapping about it. Thanks.

Anonymous –   – (July 16, 2010 at 11:26 AM)  

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [16 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Christina  – (July 16, 2010 at 1:35 PM)  

Thanks for the great kit!! I've been geocaching off and on for a couple of years and have a goal to reach 100 finds this summer.... I'm at 59! I'll friend you on the Mb but I don't spend much time there.

Tamara  – (July 16, 2010 at 4:16 PM)  

geocache freebie = so awesome! LOVE the idea for the kit and think the bits from it will be quite fun to use for other LOs as well. Thank you so much for sharing - it's great!

Jaycie  – (July 16, 2010 at 10:04 PM)  

Thank you so much! I'll have fun scrappin' "Chops" finds with this!

lammogliagirl  – (July 16, 2010 at 11:11 PM)  

I'm so intrigued! Because of you and your wonderful kit, I intend to find out what this geocaching is all about :) Thank you so much for sharing your talent so generously!

Hockysan  – (July 17, 2010 at 9:53 AM)  

Ok, so that kit was one of the best Blog-Train finds I've ever stumbled on! We had our first taste of Geocaching last fall, but didn't get our GPS device (iPhone4!!) until a few weeks ago - now I have plenty of photos to use with your killer kit. Thanks so much for your talent and generosity!

sabrina  – (July 17, 2010 at 11:38 AM)  

wow! what an awesome freebie! thanks for sharing!

grambie  – (July 17, 2010 at 5:22 PM)  

I am indeed interested, and I will definitely have to check this out. Thanks for your lovely designed kit. A new interest for sure.

Unknown  – (July 17, 2010 at 5:42 PM)  

It's so fun to read everyone's comments about this kit! I love that you love it!

Peg  – (July 17, 2010 at 11:18 PM)  

Love your kit! Thank you so much!

Trina  – (July 18, 2010 at 8:59 PM)  

Love this kit (and geo-caching!) Couldnt figure out how to add you as a friend tho! Still pretty new at this :) I think I'm only up to 17 (well I have two virtual ones I need to log yet) but its definitely a fun hobby!

Vanessa –   – (July 19, 2010 at 7:07 AM)  

Thank you for the freebie. I'm thinking of starting geo-caching with my family so this is a fun inspiration.

Anonymous –   – (July 19, 2010 at 9:58 AM)  

Brilliant - many thanks!

Unknown  – (July 20, 2010 at 6:36 PM)  

Thank you so much, Misty!!! This is awesome!!

Nicole  – (July 21, 2010 at 5:24 AM)  

What a great idea for a kit! My DH and I use to Geo-cach now I have a reason to start up again. Thanks!

Heather Thomas - advocate for change  – (July 21, 2010 at 6:58 AM)  

love your staycation theme. I am looking at buying a gps for geocaching with my kids, looks like this is a sign!

Tara  – (July 26, 2010 at 8:52 AM)  

Misty, you do NOT have Ian geocaching too- do you?!?! That's too funny!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP