Halloween is Coming!

So this is off the scrap topic but sort of useful for Moms and Dads.


I am the kind of mother who plans ahead. That's about where it ends though. I plan what needs to be done but the execution usually comes at the last minute. It's not because I procrastinate, it just happens that as a Mom, you always find something that derails your plans. There will always be something more important or urgent to attend to. Well not this Halloween!

The Costume Supercenter contacted me for an honest review of one of their costumes. Since Toy Story 3 has been ALL the rage with my kids lately, they sent me a costume of Woody, in my 3 year old, Ian's size. 

When UPS knocked on the door, I couldn't wait to tear the packaging open. Who doesn't like to get new stuff? I was dying to try the costume on Ian so we very carefully opened and inspected the suit. 

Ian received the Deluxe Toy Story 3 Woody costume. 

Before I give you the goods on this costume, let me give you a bit of background on my costume buying experience. I am NOT the mom who would spend more than $20 on a Halloween costume. I may WANT to spend more the $20 but the frugality in me just won't let it happen. However, each year, the let down happens when halfway through trick or treating, the costume starts falling apart while my kid's still wearing it. Ian wanted to be a train conducter a couple years ago and I found myself digging around my purse for safety pins just to keep the darn thing on him!

So back to Woody. This costume retails for about fifty bucks but Costume Supercenter sells it for $39.99. As we carefully removed each item from the bag, I studied the construction. Let me say, I was impressed. The cowboy hat is made of a durable material and fits Ian's head well. The suit is a sturdy cloth that will not only add some warmth on Halloween night, it's also NOT that cheap flimsy material you might find on a $20 costume. The "boots" were just cuter than all get out. They slide on over Ian's shoes for a great fit. And we added the bandana around his neck, just like in the picture on the front of the costume packaging. All and all Ian was adorable. So adorable that even HE did not want to take it off. 

I am so pleased with this costume, I'll be considering Costume Supercenter for Aidan's Halloween costume. They even do same day shipping for us last minute moms!

Check out a pic of Ian as "Woody" (from the iPhone without proper lighting, so excuse the pic quality! sorry!)




Elisabeth  – (September 7, 2010 at 5:03 PM)  

Love it! Hudson has outgrown his "Woody" costume, but that one is MUCH better!

debbie  – (September 14, 2010 at 5:04 AM)  

how cute he is, looks like a great costume

Miss Behaving [badly]  – (September 18, 2010 at 12:53 PM)  

Oh wow :) That is really good!! He looks adorable, you have to get better pics and scrap them - too stinkin cute!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP